How We Help Clients
- M&A experience, key knowledge and skills learnt from numerous previous deals.
- A library of tools, templates, checklists and methods which have been refined over years of engagements. We will share these with you, but more importantly, we will coach you on how best to apply them.
- An outside and objective point of view, free from agenda, incentive or bias.
- A history of delivering client engagements to the highest standards, on time and on budget.
This includes developing a divestment strategy and overall deal design for any asset/business to be sold (including structure, one or two stages, confidential or public, competitive bidding or selected buyer, etc) We can help in several areas :
- Establishing whether vendor due diligence is required / desired and leading or supporting the preparation of vendor due diligence
- Ensuring that the businesses are prepared for divestment
- Establishing the structure, governance parameters and key documents for any partial sale or establishment of an incorporated or unincorporated joint venture
- Bringing together all of the elements required to present the business for sale to a potential buyer and writing an Information Memorandum
- Coaching and preparation of the leadership teams of businesses to be divested
- Helping in the preparation and administration of Management Presentations to be given to potential buyers
- Helping to set up the administration of data rooms (online and/or physical) for buyer due diligence and an effective Q&A process (including screening questions)
- Helping to establish the minimum sales value and minimum acceptable commercial and legal terms for the sale quantifying and qualifying the transition services agreements (TSA’s)
- Developing Day 1 (signing) and Day 90 objectives for the standalone organisation
We offer a comprehensive set of courses on M&A which cover all deal types across the full lifecycle. Our instructors are all Global M&A practitioners, with transaction experience and line-of-business expertise.
We offer a range of training options to suit individual requirements. These include: Instructor Led Open, Instructor Led On-Site, Custom, Distance Learning.
Our course topics include:
- M&A Strategy and Selection
- Introduction to JVs
- Introduction to Carve Outs
- Target Evaluation
- Due Diligence
- M&A Integration Training
- M&A Integration for HR
- M&A Integration for Finance
- M&A Integration for IT
- M&A Integration for Sales & Marketing
- Integration Management Office (IMO)
- Integration kick-off
- Separation preparation
“The training course gave me a thorough insight on how post-merger restructuring has to be approached to maximize the positive effects of acquisition. That included rationalising the supply chain as one of the most sensitive challenges during a merger.”
Sergey Kamo, Head of M&A, PepsiCo Eastern Europe
“Danny A Davis’ M&A training gave me a rich overview of the strategic drivers for M&A and in particular all of the elements needed to develop a robust 100-day plan, and implement it. His insights around the time needed for each of the workstreams to be implemented appropriately was very valuable.”
Melda Alpaydın, International Expansion Manager at Turkcell
Coaching M&A and M&A Integration
When a company merger or acquisition has not performed well, poor project planning and management is often to blame. DD Consulting is uniquely positioned to help its clients through a deal, and support the overall integration process on M&A projects – through its bespoke coaching and executive support programmes.
Our coaching programmes are designed to enhance your in-house capability by delivering executive knowledge-sharing and skills transfer, especially on those projects where it may not be cost-effective to employ full-time consultancy support. Clients will have access to specialists who will share their industry knowledge, answer questions and provide guidance, and help to build understanding in the pitfalls of M&A and how to avoid them. M&A and integration coaching will help you assure your project plans, and set you on the path to integration success.
We coach the people that lead the integration – Coaching for the:
Recently we assisted a global pharma company with a small acquisition. Whilst the senior executive managing the deal had extensive planning and delivery experience, he had little experience in the basics of M&A, and was reticent to ask the ‘silly questions’ internally. DD Consulting delivered a programme of one hour coaching sessions in the months leading up to the deal, and also post deal – giving the senior executive an on-hand expert to answer questions and validate processes. Providing confidential specialist support, we helped the client complete their deal successfully, allowing this senior executive to use his new found M&A experience to move onto his next big role.
We also recently assisted a Head of M&A Integration whilst he laid down the post-merger integration process for a global Telco company. Whilst the M&A knowledge transfer was extremely useful for our client, more pressing was the need to negotiate the internal politics of the task, which quickly became essential to survival. Bespoke coaching in understanding how past deals and choices locked in, helped this Head of M&A Integration to spearhead his internal “best practice” of today, which was critical in moving both him and the project forward. With internal ‘minefields’ successfully negotiated, our client not only laid down his new integration methodology across the company, but also used this experience to move onwards and upwards in the organisation.
“You are always giving examples from reality, which has helped understand my priorities better. This has really opened my eyes.” Integration Director, Global Telco.
“You listened, you allowed me to talk. You helped me clarify my ideas and get to the good ones.” Integration Director, Global Telco.
“You catch the essence, I like your paraphrasing and re-phrasing. You helped me organise my thoughts, and gave me knowledge. Having a second opinion on our deal was very useful.” Integration Director, Global Telco.
“Given our conversation, I have reprioritised what I will spend my time on now. I will get a steering group set up on Monday.” Integration Director